你想要什么的想法会一直停留在你的脑海里，直到你真正烹饪出你的大脑不会放弃的东西。这是上周我偶然发现的a recipe for spicy orange beefin The NYTimes cooking newsletter.
I love this dish and often order it when I see it,and I've made variations throughout the years.But having the second half of an excellent chicken breast from屠宰箱(boneless but happily with the skin left on),我觉得辣味的橙子和鸡肉很搭配。And so it did,在曼哈顿的一个小厨房里呆了不到30分钟。
It's all 徳赢全站APPabout the sauce,but coating and frying the meat is also important for flavor and texture.I didn't have any cornstarch on hand so used flour in the egg white,which was adequate,but flour has gluten which gives it a softer bite compared with the crisp crunch of a pure starch.我用了米醋，但如果我吃了，我会用酸橙汁。如果我不给出数量，it means it's to-your-liking or what-you-happen-to-have-on-hand.
Spicy Orange Chicken for One
- 1/4 cup soy
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- Combine orange juice,soy,醋或酸橙汁，sugar,hoisin,加鱼露，搅拌均匀。
- Put the oil in a small sauce pan over medium high heat,then add the garlic,ginger and chilli flakes.Cook till softened.Add the sauce and simmer till reduced by 徳赢全站APPabout one-third.
For the chicken:
- 1 chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 1 egg white mixed with 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or flour)
- 5 whole dried red chillis
- 1 teaspoons minced ginger
- Scallions sliced on a bias,白色和大约一半的绿色徳赢全站APP
- Combine the chicken and egg white mixture.
- In a skillet or wok over high,加入油。当它的涟漪热，lay the chicken in and cook till crisp,careful to keep each piece from sticking to others.Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- 只倒几汤匙油。Return it to the heat and add the chillis,cooking them till they're black,徳赢全站APP大约一分钟。Add the garlic,ginger and half the scallions.Stir-fry till softened,another minute or so.Add the sauce and,when the sauce has come to a simmer,the chicken.Toss till well coated.从炉中取出，加入橘子皮，搅拌，then serve,garnishing with the remaining scallion.
If you liked this post,take a look at these links:
- 我过去的帖子Chicken Romano,,NYT Food Conference,andRip's Tarragon Butter Baste.
- 你厨房图书馆里应该有几本新的中国食谱All Under HeavenandPhoenix Claws and Jade Trees.
- What exactly is fish sauce??Serious Eatsshares some insight on this salty unami driven sauce.
- Meet the firststreet vendor who has earned a Michelin star.
©2016迈克尔·鲁尔曼。徳赢全站APPAll rights reserved.